01 November 2020

Memories

 Memories: Like the Corners of My Mind.

 


Memories.  God blesses me with little memories of his verses from the Bible.  When I was young, I made it a point to memorize Bible Verses.  Now that I am older, those verses come to me in times of need. 

Psalms 23

The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want….

John 3:16

For God so Loved the world….

Even Genesis 1

In the Beginning, God created….

These verses and more I learned and have taken to heart.  Now as I write this blog, I’m reminded of the verses I’ve learned.  They are the foundation of what my faith needs.  I am also reminded that I stopped trying to learn verses long ago and should start again.  I’m doing so by reminding myself of the ones I have already learned. 

How good is my memory of these verses?  So far, I’ve found it surprisingly good.  I’m amazed at what I remember at a time when memory is beginning to fade in other things.  God watches over me as always.  He guides my steps when I allow him too (to my regret when I don’t) I’m always learning.

God is Great and will guide us if we let him.  If we take him at his word and read his word our life turns out better than we expect.  We should pray always in the things we do for him that made us to guide and help us.  Show us what direction he wants us to follow. 

Remembering that He gave his son to save us.  We could at the very least open the Good Book to read and study.  Just because a verse confuses you or you don’t understand it doesn’t mean the meaning won’t come to you.  Sometimes it must grow on you, in you, and around you to come to light.  So, Read it. Learn it. Live it. 😊

Lord help me to ready and learn your word.  I don’t always remember what you have taught me.  Please help me remember your words. Take my Heart, Mind, and Soul and help me follow you and your plan.  We know without you we would not be. May our faith grow stronger each day and please bless us in every way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  New in Faith!       Congratulations! You have accepted Jesus as your savior! That i s big! You have been born again. Now what?   Ev...