27 September 2020

In The Beginning



In the beginning, at the start, once upon a time, all good lines to begin a story.  So let us begin this together.

For those that think the Universe started with the "Big Bang" I have this to ask? How?

In my faith, I believe that as stated in the book of John in the Bible (NRSV John 1:1) "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God."  Makes plenty of since to me.

Let's say before anything existed God was there.  When and how he came to be is beyond our understanding so I'm not going to even try to describe or explain this.  The start of the Bible, Genesis 1;1 states,"In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,"  Who am I to question this?

In the beginning, powerful words.  I love those words.  Start at the beginning and you understand the story better.  What are the facts as we understand them?

    1. There was a beginning.  There had to be a start anything else is confusing.

    2. There was a flash of light or "Big Bang".  God saying "Let there be light."? (I'm for that one.)

    3. None of us were there and witnessed this Cosmic/Miraculous event. 

The Bible says it was God.  My faith says it was God. 

So with that I leave my first blog in Pop's Stop. 

May your faith grow stronger each day and God Bless you in every way. Amen.

1 comment:

  New in Faith!       Congratulations! You have accepted Jesus as your savior! That i s big! You have been born again. Now what?   Ev...