16 November 2020

God Help Us!

 God Help Us!

 


There are many, many, many verses in the bible about praying.  My last Blog, “Three Times a Day” mentioned Daniel and his arrest and subsequent entrapment in a Lion’s Den.  We pray often and I encourage you to pray often as well.

I remember when I was a student, “God! Let me pass this test.”

I remember when I was really sick, “God! Please heal me!”

I remember when I was in trouble, “God! Please get me out of this!”

Lately I’ve been praying a lot, “God! Please give me a new subject to blog.”

LOL.  My brother and I had a deep discussion about prayer one day and both of us said “Why wait?” 

Let’s pray before we even start something and place it in God’s hands.  “God, I’m going to do this or that.  I put it in your hands and ask your guidance.”  I bet this would work from the start and God would make it easier.

Why do we wait until it’s too late?  The Israelites would turn away from God then cry out, God why have you forsaken us?  Please help us. God save us.

Not turning away from God would have been better.  Whenever the Israelites listened and followed God’s instructions EVERYTHING was fine. 

Okay!  So here goes nothing, something, everything!

God, Father of us All, I commend this and my Pops Stop blogs to you.  I dedicate it to you and pray that you help me find ways to reach my friends, family, folks that read it so they will find ways to get closer to you.  Thank you, God, because I know you have already answered my prayer.

Lord help me to pray to you more often.  Take my Heart, Mind, and Soul and help me follow you and your plan.  We know without you we would not be. May our faith grow stronger each day and please bless us in every way. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  New in Faith!       Congratulations! You have accepted Jesus as your savior! That i s big! You have been born again. Now what?   Ev...