17 April 2021

 

Children’s Bedtime Prayer




When I was growing up as a child I prayed this when I went to bed,

 

Now I lay me down to sleep.

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

If I should die before I wake,

I pray the Lord my soul to take.

 

Strong words scared some children from wanting to sleep.  I don’t blame them, but I never thought of it that way.  There are some newer less scary versions now that someone created (Probably with God’s help).

 

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

May God (or angels) guard me through the night,

And wake me in the morning Light.

Amen.

 

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

May the Angels watch me through the night,

And keep me in their blessed sight.

Amen.

 

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

If I should live another day,

I pray the Lord to guide my way.

Amen.

 

It’s good that people have other versions of this poem that are less scary.  It’s important to us as parents and grandparents to teach them to love and follow our creator.  God is Love and Love is God.  Matthew 19 says,

13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14 But Jesus said, “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

 

Let us see the world through Children’s eyes, let them be told truth not lies.  Give us the ability to come to you like children and follow you through prayer. 

 

Father in heaven, may our faith grow stronger each day and please bless us in every way. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  New in Faith!       Congratulations! You have accepted Jesus as your savior! That i s big! You have been born again. Now what?   Ev...